I’ll be the first to admit this is a hard one for me. I’m not much of a future planner- unless you consider planning spring 2016 racing season of course! I’m more of a fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants type of girl who thinks everything will work itself out eventually. But I’ll give this Friday Five a shot! (Thanks to Cynthia, Courtney and Mar for hosting this awesome link up!)
1. Traveling (hopefully Asia). Asia is a place I’ve always wanted to go. I haven’t been there yet, and at one point my goal was to get there by my 30th birthday (so not happening) but hopefully by 2020 (gasp!) I’ll have had the opportunity to travel to one of the awesome countries there. My top picks are China (for the history), Japan (for the technology and bustling cities), or Thailand (for the peaceful, serene nature and to pet elephants of course!).
2. Working a job I love. I don’t know what job that will be at this point. I’ve played with so many career ideas in my head that I honestly have no idea what will make me happy. It would probably be something running related. I have this incredibly fast boredom meter that literally makes me bored with most things in like 5 minutes, so I’m not entirely sure what career would hold my interest long term. I just know it’s not what I’m doing now (merchandising).
3. Becoming a World’s Toughest Mudder. I have a burning desire to
put myself through as much pain push myself as far as I can in the mudding world. Since Tough Mudder is pretty much all about teamwork (World’s Toughest Mudder is competitive), I’d like to get a group of crazies and try this 24 hour endurance race. My goal at this point is to make it 25 miles (essentially 4-5 laps of the course), but I’ll adjust accordingly once I decide to commit to doing it.
4. Having my running coach certification. I’d love to help others meet their running goals and be an official running coach. I’m not sure I’d make a career out of coaching – see #2 and my issue with burnout- but it would be cool to be officially certified to train others. And by the time we hit 2020, I’ll have a lot more experience with running various distances too.
5. Settling down somewhere…preferably not in Florida. I’ve talked about my desire to move out of state before, but I’d really like to go somewhere other than Florida. This will take LOTS of planning as we have careers to move and families to think about, but in the end I’d like to live somewhere else. Top choices right now are the Pacific Northwest, Colorado or Georgia/Tennessee area. It would be so nice to have seasons!
There are a million other things I probably want to do between now and 2020 (again- can’t believe 2020 is five years from now!!) but this is a good start for me.
What do you think you will be doing in 5 years? Running goals? Life goals?