This week I’m linking up with Road Runner Girl for the Weekly Chase! Having a support system to keep you on track with your goals is so important, so I’m looking forward to joining this link up and encouraging others to reach their weekly goals too!
Let me just say this was a craptastic training week. I was injured the week before (I think it happened at work) lifting things, and my back was killing me. To add insult to injury, my leg started to hurt too. I have no idea if these two things were linked or not, but I’ve never been in that much pain in my life, even after finishing the multitude of mud runs I’ve done. My entire leg and back felt like pins and needles were being stuck in them and I could barely walk. Needless to say, very little training happened.
The only two days I ran were Sunday the 13th, when I ran the Hooters 2 Hooters 10k, and Saturday the 19th when I went for a 3 mile run/walk with my mom. I’m super excited that my mom has been coming with me on the weekend runs- she’s been doing really well walking! She was never much into exercise, so it’s always awesome when she decides to join me. I think I have her convinced to sign up for her second 5k walk, the Jingle 5k held in Lakewood Ranch. Maybe one day I’ll get her to run with me ;-). She’s also saying that she wants to do a Tough Mudder too- we’ll see on that one!
My Weekly Goals (Last Week):
- Rest my back and leg so they feel better and I can run again- I hope this was a success! I went for my first run since the 10k on Saturday and I felt good for the most part. No major pains or aches.
Weekly Goals (This Week):
- Keep my runs slow and light until I’m sure I’m 100% feeling better (this will be hard as I have a tendency to run faster than I should. I’ll have to keep the virtual pacer feature on my Garmin active so I don’t run too fast).
- Join the training group at my local running store (not the one I work at, as I work on the days they run).
- Register for the Star Wars: Dark Side Challenge! (I’m super nervous about this as this race is expected to sell out fast! But everyone says as long as I’m on the computer at noon I won’t have an issue, so I’m definitely planning my lunch break around registration Tuesday!)
- Foam roll and stretch after every run (I’m horrible at remembering to do this, so I need to get better at it).
- Keep logging my food in the My Fitness Pal app. I’ve been forgetting lately, and it’s important that I get enough calories to make up for what I’m burning.