This was my first week back in training since my back and leg started feeling better! That being said, I didn’t get a whole lot done training wise. I’m still trying to rest my body so I’m not overdoing it. Here’s what I did this week:
Sunday, September 20: Rest day. Spent a nice, relaxing day in bed just resting and watching movies. It was awesome.
Monday, September 21: Went to the gym. It was super hot outside and I couldn’t function with the heat, so I got a day pass for a local gym and went to workout. I ran a one mile warmup, then did the Spartan 300 workout, detailed below.
Tuesday, September 22: Since I didn’t work today, I went to the running group at my store. We ran 3.1 miles with negative splits. My average pace was 10:25!
Wednesday, September 23: Rest day. I was a little sore from all the upper body work I did Monday.
Thursday, September 24: I was planing on going to run today, but it didn’t happen.
Friday, September 25: Another rest day. Normally I don’t do three days in a row, but oh well, shit happens.
Saturday, September 26: I woke up early and went to run hills today! I ended up doing 2.75 miles of hill sprints and every time I came down to the bottom I did burpees. Gotta keep up with the strength training for Spartan and Battlefrog in December.
Weekly Goals (last week):
- Keep my runs slow and light- well, not so much on the slow part…10:25 pace is actually pretty good for me speed wise! But light definitely. I only ran three times and all 3 miles or less.
- Join the training group- fail. I didn’t go any of the nights they had the group.
- Register for Star Wars- YES YES and YES!
- Foam roll and stretch after every run- yep! And I feel tons better doing it.
- Keep logging food in the app- ehhhh…lol. I’ve done good some days, other days I haven’t logged in. I need to be more consistent about that.
Weekly Goals (this week):
- Go to bootcamp and learn some exercises that would be good for Spartan training
- Run 3 times this week
- Solidify plans for my OCR traveling for the rest of the year
- Foam roll and stretch after every workout session
- Log food daily in the My Fitness Pal app
October is shaping up to be a very busy month for me, so I’m hoping I can stick to a training schedule or at least a regular workout schedule. I know sometimes when I get overwhelmed with details I find it hard to fit things in. I’m the Maid of Honor in my good friend’s wedding which is the weekend of October 18th, so I’ve been trying to remember everything I need to do for her and figure out everything for the coming weeks. Honestly, although I love her and want everything to be perfect for her, I will be glad when this is all over. I feel like I’m always forgetting something that I should be doing. Sigh.
On the other hand, this weekend was such a fun weekend! Sunday night I went over my friend Lindsey’s house and her, Krystal and I watched the Season Premiere of Once Upon a Time. I became addicted to that show a few seasons ago, so now I always look forward to watching it. Then we watched Blood & Oil and Quantico, two new shows premiering on ABC this Sunday as well. I’m not sure how I felt about Blood & Oil- it was half interesting, half not. Quantico was really awesome though. I definitely know I’ll be trying to watch that again- I say trying because it comes on Sunday at 10pm which is way past my bedtime!
Despite the fact that it wasn’t the weekend, Monday we went to dinner with our friend Alex, who just got back from 6 months on a cruise ship working for Carnival! While I’m glad she went out and had the experience, I’m also so glad she’s back because I missed her! We ate at Seasons 52– those desserts are to die for!
Did you watch any new shows premiering this fall yet? Have you ever been to Seasons 52 (if not, why??)? How’s your training going?