Today I’m linking up with the Friday Five trio, Mar on the Run, You Signed Up For What and Eat Pray Run DC! Lately I’ve been thinking a LOT about races I want to do. I’ve been making different goals come true for myself ever since I started running and I’ve come a loooooong way since my first race. On my original blog I had a list of 10 races I had on my bucket list, and I’ve now completed (or am registered for) at least 6 of those races, so it’s time to update my list!
1. Ragnar Relay (preferably trail): I think it would be so cool to do a Ragnar Relay! I’ve wanted to do one of these since I first heard about it in 2014, and since I LOVE off road running a trail relay would be perfect. Plus you get to camp out overnight with your team of 8 people and you just run different distance trails!
2. Life’s a Beach Triathlon: This is the perfect introductory triathlon! The swim is 200 meters, it’s a sprint distance run (5k) and the bike is 5 miles with no requirements as far as the type of bike you have! It’s basically a great fun run for people who aren’t sure if they want to do triathlons but would love to “tri” it! Plus you get this sweet medal.
3. Rock n Roll (several cities): This was one of my originals and it’s still on there. Savannah or New Orleans are my top hits. Nashville too- I think any of those cities would be great to run in! I would do the 1/2 marathon, but I also may make this series my first marathon.
4. Mississippi Blues Marathon: I’ve seriously been considering this as my first marathon too- this location is close to my Aunt’s house and it’s somewhere I’ve never been (Jackson). I think it would be super fun to run through a brand new city! Also the swag is said to be some of the best in the country!
5. Gasparilla Challenge: I love the Gasparilla distance classic– I ran the 5k when I first started running and have wanted to run another event, specifically a challenge, but haven’t been able to. In 2015 I was supposed to do the Princess half marathon at Disney but was injured so I ended up deferring and didn’t race at all that weekend. And this year I’m finally getting to do the Princess but missing out on Gasparilla again! One day!